Friday, July 11, 2008

Whimsical Children's Rooms Blog Party!


I'm joining this party a bit late, but it's so much fun! It's Katydiddy's Whimsical Children's Rooms Blog Party. Our girls' rooms are probably my two favorite rooms in our house, and whimsical they are, so here goes...

I'll start with A's room. A is my first daughter and it was so much fun creating her room. For both of my girls' rooms, my husband and mom helped make my design a reality. They painted, sewed, built furniture, and dealt with my pregnant self ordering them around! :)








Now it's time to move to L's room. I drew much of my inspiration for L's room from this Home Companion magazine article. It showed pictures of HC contributing editor Trenna Travis Lange's daughter's room. I just LOVED the colors, and really everything about the room. I wrote her and she was so sweet to clue me in on just the right color for the walls.



3 comments:

Jennifer Hayslip said...

GORGEOUS rooms!!! Sooo sweet and girie! I adore all the vintage touches!I REMEMBER the H.C. magazine article and remember falling in LOVE with the room! So nice that she gave you the colors of the walls. :)
Thanks for sharing!!!! SMiles!

Laura Bray said...

Beautiful rooms! I love the window treatments! Perfect for little princesses.

Heidi said...

Love those chandeliers! Now I want to go back and look at the HC article again. I think the color you painted is what I was going for in my girls rooms but mine ended up more powdery blue and less green, oh well. Thanks for sharing!