Friday, August 20, 2010

Concrete Table Top + a GIVEWAY!

Meet my new kitchen table. I love it! I saw it here first. Ashley is an incredibly talented photographer and DIY genius. When you get a few free hours, go ahead and start reading her blog, Under the Sycamore. Then you are going to need a few (ha!) more free hours so you can do all of her projects. I was able to participate in one of her SnapShops last year and I learned so, so much.

Ashley had her table done by these talented people. Kara and Tim design and build incredible things. Really, just check out Kara's blog. too (again, you'll need some time because you won't want to stop reading!). Don't miss the pictures of her home. Amazing. Oh, and while you are there, you can enter a pretty fun giveaway! :)

So, you may notice that I have no chairs with the table. Actually, I do, but I pulled them out for the picture. My old chairs just don't work with this table.

I'm thinking maybe these (the plain metal) from Pottery Barn:


or these from Ikea:

or these (a little darker than this, in burnt oak) from Restoration Hardware:

Or these from CB2:

What's your vote? Please let me know if you have any other suggestions! Don't forget the giveaway at Kara's blog!

2 comments:

AshleyAnn said...

I love how your table come out. The legs make it look so classy and elegant. The chair decision is a hard one...I am the wrong person to comment on that!

Thanks for the sweet words about my blog...it is so encouraging to hear you enjoyed the SnapShop!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I'm curious to know what you ever decided on?