Friday, June 18, 2010

Memories in a bucket...

If only vintage items could talk. They would have such stories to tell! Judy from San Antonio, Texas wrote me about my Purina Feed Bucket. She has one just like it, and it certainly has a story. Thank you Judy for letting me share it!

Judy says..
"...I am an Okie by birth [Stillwater] and have GOT to share info with you!
my Daddy and Mama lived on a farm south of Ft Worth for about twenty
years after Daddy retired - he had cows, and treated them like indoor pets - he
hand-fed them what he called "sweet feed" every day, from a Purina bucket
like the one you have listed!
the three holes secured a curved handhold, and mine still has it
my Daddy passed some years back, and the Purina bucket is one of
my treasures, but not as much as I treasure the memories of my lovely
father, of course..."

I love that Judy's Daddy treated his cows like indoor pets. He sounds like such a sweet man. Thanks again Judy, and Happy Father's Day weekend everyone!

2 comments:

dash robin said...

loved this...'treated his cows like indoor pets' wish there were more farmers like this...

going8going8gone said...

just wondering if you know the value of this bucket?